If you are tired of your swimsuit perishing within a few months, then make the change to a SeaJewels chlorine resistant swimsuit.
If you are wondering what exactly chlorine resistant is and why you should incorporate this new age fabric into your swimsuit collection, then this article will clear up any questions or concerns you have about the reliability of chlorine resistant swimwear!
Most swimsuits are made from nylon/lycra or nylon/elastane. The lycra or elastane is made from very tiny strands of elastic fibres that when woven with nylon threads give the fabric it’s 4 way stretch properties. But just like an elastic band, these fibres perish when exposed to sun and chlorine and break down. This causes the swimsuit to lose its shape and become stretched. These perished elastic fibres can look like grains of sand.
SeaJewels Viva chlorine resistant swimwear is 100% polyester, a near equal blend of polyester and PBT, which has 15 to 20 times the lifespan of lycra and outlasts Nylon/Spandex many times over. This blend of polyester is highly durable and known to give the best pool chlorine resistance over time.
This 100% polyester fabric is well suited to swimmers who are frequently in the water and swimming for extended periods of time, as the fabric is quick drying, has a consistent fit and resists bagging. It is perfect for athletic wear, water aerobic classes and other water sports as the fabric is soft and comfortable whilst also providing UV sun protection.
SeaJewels Viva chlorine resistant swimwear won’t lose elasticity with prolonged exposure to chlorine, unlike classic elastane fabrics, which also makes it a good choice for children’s swimwear! SeaJewels Sunskins range of chlorine resistant sun protection and swimwear will last and last.
See below for the benefits of chlorine resistant 100% polyester fabric and how to care for and maintain your SeaJewels swimsuit.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF CHLORINE RESISTANT FABRIC
- Exceptional wear and durability in chlorinated water
- Superior fit, freedom of movement and comfort
- Fast drying time
- UPF 50+ sun protection
- Optimum breathability
- Soft handle and pleasant on the skin
- Water repellant and quick drying
- Excellent stretch and shape retention
- High level of colour fastness and excellent 4 way stretch durability
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SWIMWEAR
- Cold hand wash as soon as you get out of the water. Avoid hot showers whilst wearing swimsuits.
- Do not soak, bleach or spin dry.
- Do not iron.
- Line dry out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid any rough surfaces such as pool edges.
- Do not pack or store when wet.
- Remove any excess water and dry in the shade without delay.
- Avoid excess contact with suntan lotions and harsh chemicals sometimes found in saunas and spas.
- White and pastel colours may appear transparent when wet.